When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon form that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Today, Pastor Craig talked about “Developing a Culture of Peace” from Matthew 5:9. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- How do people typically respond to conflict? (Peace-Fakers; Peace-Breakers; Peace-Makers) How have you seen each of these in action?
- Read the passage together…Why does Jesus call peacemakers “blessed”?
- How has God made peace with us? Why is that starting point for our own attempts at peacemaking?
- What does the Cross of Jesus teach us about peacemaking?
- Of those lessons from the Cross, which is most helpful to you in your own peacemaking?
- We have all failed to be peacemakers at times in our lives. Receive God’s grace and mercy and his lavish forgiveness. Praise him for this gift!
- Pray for those areas in your life where peacemaking is necessary.
- Pray that Mercy Hill will be characterized by a culture of peace.