When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Today, from the Easter series, What’s So Great About Jesus?, Pastor Craig showed Jesus as great because “He Understands Our Deepest Needs” (taken from Hebrews 4:14-16.) Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Why is it that we can have confidence that some people will be there for us, but not others? What’s at the root of that confidence?
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16 together…What are the two commands in these verses?
- What does it mean to “hold fast our confession”?
- What does it mean to “…draw near to the throne of grace”?
- What is it about who Jesus is or what has he done, that stands behind these commands?
- What keeps you from holding fast to your faith in Jesus? (What trials, temptations, etc.?)
- What keeps you from “with confidence draw near to the throne of grace”? (What keeps you from prayer?)
- Split the men & women: talk openly about how you can help each other overcome the things you mentioned in the previous two questions. Pray specifically for one another that God’s grace will come to “help in time of need.”