When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Today, from the Easter series, What’s So Great About Jesus?, Pastor Craig showed Jesus as great because He Offers Real Hope (taken from 1 Peter 1:3-5.) Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What kinds of things do people place their hope in? Why?
- Read the passage together…Why does Peter call our hope a living hope?
- We looked at 5 questions that pointed to truths about the hope that we have from God. Answer each: Who is the author of that hope? What motivates him? What is the rock under living hope? What is the fruit of living hope? What is the guarantee of our living hope?
- Contrast living hope with false hope based on your answers.
- Discuss the connection between what we hope in and what we worship.
- What is it that you are most likely to hope in other than God? What from today’s text/sermon was most helpful in keeping your hope in the right place?
- Split the men & women: talk openly about your struggles to hope in God. Pray specifically for one another that God’s grace will come to lead you into real hope and real worship.