When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Yesterday, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at Mark 1:14-20, The Kingdom of God is Here. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What stands out to you from the sermon?
- Read the passage together…
- Jesus comes preaching that the kingdom of God has come. What does he mean by that? What is the nature of God’s kingdom?
- What are the responses that Jesus calls for in light of the kingdom having come?
- Pastor Craig talked about the lifestyle of “hear; repent; believbe; follow.” Briefly discuss each with a focus on where it is in your own life that you need to do one or more of these.
- How have you seen Jesus make you a “fisher of men”?
- Pray for God’s grace as you seek to live a lifestyle of “hear; repent; believe; follow.”
- Remember to pray for Mercy Hill at this exciting season of our life together.