When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at Mark 1:21-45, Sovereign Compassion in Action. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What impact would it have if Jesus walked into your Community Group and began to preach/teach?
- Read the passage together…What stands out to you from the sermon?
- Define “sovereign compassion”.
- What are the three areas that this passage reveals to us Jesus exercising sovereign compassion?
- How have you experienced the sovereign compassion of Jesus in your life? How have you responded to his sovereign compassion? What’s been good, what’s been bad?
- Pray for Jesus’ sovereign compassion to be seen in our midst and responded to in right, God-centered, Jesus-worshiping ways!