When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at Mark 2:1-12, Who Can Forgive Sins?. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Can you forgive an unrepentant person?
- Read the passage together…
- What is the key question in the passage?
- Why did Jesus say to the man first, “Son, your sins are forgiven” when he had obviously come to have his paralysis healed? What’s the bigger lesson he is teaching?
- How is God’s forgiveness complete? (Verses to support?)
- What happens when we miss the bigger lesson of Jesus and get caught up in our own agendas and preconceived thoughts of what God can do?
- Where are you refusing to forgive yourself? Why is this anti-gospel?
- Pray for the power to believe, understand, seek, receive, and give forgiveness.
- Pray that God’s forgiveness would flow freely through our church!