When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at Mark 3:7-35, How Will You Respond?. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; and/or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Give an example of a “fair weather” fan. Where is this true of you?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- What are the three different responses to Jesus that we see in this text? Discuss each: What characterizes them? What motivates them?
- What is portrait that Jesus paints of a committed disciple? (vv.23-35)
- How do you answer Jesus when he asks, “Who do you say I am?” What fruit do you see in your life that gives evidence that?
- How does the process by which Jesus calls, prepares, and sends his disciples encourage you to faithfulness?
- Pray that God will strengthen us as a church to be committed disciples.
- Pray that God will help us to speak hope into the lives of those who right now are fair weather fans or outright adversaries of Jesus.