When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at the Parable of the Soils from Mark 4:1-20, the title of the sermon asked the essential question form the passage What’s the Condition of Your Heart?. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; and/or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What’s the most thought provoking question anyone has asked you?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- Who is the sower in the parable? What is the seed being sown?
- What are the four different soils that Jesus talks about?
- What characterizes the condition of each of the hearts of the four types of listeners?
- When you search your own heart, which “soil” are you?
- What evidence is their of a “crop” in your life? What fruit of righteousness do you see?
- Pray for grace to see your own heart as God sees it. Pray for the courage to change where needed – grace for confession, repentance, and transformation.