When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at a few parables from Mark 4:21-34, that showed “The Certainty of Jesus’ Kingdom.” Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; and/or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- What is our responsibility with the truth?
- What do the images of the seed growing and the mustard-seed growing into a mighty plant teach us about the nature of kingdom growth>
- Where has God called you to be bolder in sowing the seeds of the Gospel?
- How are you encouraged by the truth of the certainty of Jesus’ kingdom purposes?
- Pray for grace to see the kingdom of God come into the lives of individuals, as they trust in Jesus for salvation. Pray for the Spirit’s work to run free and gracious in our midst. Pray for the kingdom to increase around the globe.