When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Earlier today, from the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King, we looked at a story in 2 parts from Mark 5:21-43, that showed that Jesus is “King Over Suffering.” Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare for Community Group; and/or 2) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What kind of fear is caused by suffering and trial in our lives?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- There were four “threads” that Pastor Craig spoke about – desperation; fear; faith; and uncleanliness. Trace those and talk about how we see them in the passage.
- What do we learn about Jesus in the passage?
- How does what you learn about Jesus affect how you personally deal with fear in your life?
- How does this passage affect how you think about faith and how you exercise it?
- Pray for God’s gift of faith that would give freedom from fear – in your own life and in the life of people you know who are wrestling with fear.
- Pray that Mercy Hill will encourage people to be people of great faith in our great God!