When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Tomorrow, we will be continuing the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King.
Our passage will be Mark 6:7-29. We will see, for the first time, Jesus sending out his disciples to get a taste of Kingdom mission work.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What “cost” have you ever paid for following Jesus/being a Christian?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- Our main focus was on verses 7-13: Jesus’ sending out of the twelve disciples. What are some of the principles for being on mission with Jesus that we see in verses 7-13?
- How have you experienced that sense of clear call and clear mission as a Christian?
- Which of the principles shared is most relevant for you at this stage of your journey? Which do you need to focus on?
- Pray that God will draw us as individuals and Mercy Hill as a church to faithful mission for the sake of the Gospel, the advance of the Kingdom, and the joy of his people!