When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Tomorrow, we will be continuing the Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King. Our passage will be Mark 7:1-13.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What are some of the craziest religious traditions you’ve seen?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- How did Jesus use the Pharisee’s question against them? What was the point he was trying to make? What example did he use to make that point?
- How have you struggled with trusting in traditions and/or external keeping of those traditions as a substitute for trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ alone?
- Pray that God will draw us as individuals and Mercy Hill to carefully guard the truth against the constant threat of letting our traditions/preferences cloud the simple truth of God’s Word.