When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Tomorrow, we will be start a brief series, Why Am I A Christian? Our primary passage will be Luke 19:10 and we will be looking at the amazing, pursuing love of God.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- How do you see the common human longing for love coming out in the culture around us?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- How do we see the pursuing love of God at work in the Old Testament?
- What is the nature of the pursuing love of God in the parables of Luke 15?
- Where have you found the universal longing to be loved come out in your own life?
- How do we keep from seeking to have people and/or things fill the deep love longing that only God can fill?
- As you pray together: Spend time in praise for the amazing, pursuing love of God seen especially in the grace of Jesus Christ. Pray that your heart would be set on the love of Jesus and not be captured by the false loves of this world.