When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Tomorrow, we will continue our brief series, Why Am I A Christian? Our primary passages will be Genesis 1:26-27 and Mark 7:21-23 as we talk about how Christianity Makes Sense of Life.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Have you ever been bothered by the “paradox” of human nature – how we are capable of such amazing goodness and such unfathomable evil?
- Read the two main passages together…Genesis 1:26-27; Mark 7:21-23. General thoughts and/or observations?
- What does it mean that humans are created in the image of God? What traits come with that?
- What are the characteristics of humanity’s sinful nature?
- How is God at work restoring his creation back to its original design?
- How does this discussion help you understand the human paradox?
- Where do you see God at work in your own life redeeming you even now?
- As you pray together: Praise God that he sent his Son to be our Redeemer!
- Spend time rejoicing in that and praying for his ongoing redeeming work.