When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Last Sunday we wrapped up our brief series, Why Am I A Christian? with the concluding message flowing from Psalm 63:1-5 titled Jesus Satisfies My Deepest Desires.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- What are some of the desires that are common to humanity?
- Read the main passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- How do our desires impact the way we live? Make decisions? Interact with other people?
- What promises does God make to us regarding our desires?
- Interact with this quote from John Piper…”I know of no other way to triumph over sin long-term, than to gain a distaste for it, because of a superior satisfaction in God.”
- Think through a real-to-life scenario of how this might look.
- As you pray together: Ask God to help you understand how the desires of your heart can be met most in Jesus, and to reveal to you where you are settling for less than Jesus.