When our Community Groups get together, one of the things they do is to talk through the sermon from that weekend, with a goal of application and life transformation. Yesterday, we jumped back into our Gospel of Mark series, Jesus the Servant King. Our passage was Mark 7:24-30, and the sermon titled The Amazing Faith of An Outsider.
To help you prepare for the time of worship in the word, we’re beginning to send these questions out before the worship service. Below are the discussion questions Community Group leaders will use. We’d encourage you to use these to: 1) prepare your heart for worship; 2) prepare for Community Group; and/or 3) discuss with your family or friends if you’re unable to make it to Community Group.
- Can you think of a time when someone unlikely did some thing completely unexpected?
- Read the passage together…General thoughts and/or observations?
- How does the woman make her request known to God? What’s the nature of her plea?
- Is Jesus’ response harsh or hopeful? Explain either way.
- What impresses you about the woman’s response to Jesus’ comment?
- When you think about the woman’s faith, what characterizes it?
- How does your own faith resemble that of the woman? Where does it need to grow?
- As you pray together: Praise God that he accepts the faith of outsiders like us – that there is no distinction – any who believe are accepted! Pray that God would grow your faith to reflect the faith of the woman; that we as a church would be people of such simple, deep faith!