This is mostly for Mercy Hill folks…the past two Sundays we’ve listed a number of resources related to the two messages and themes for those Sundays. In case you missed them, here they are…
From 1/18, Why Do “Black Lives Matter”?
- Bloodlines: Race, Cross, and the Christian, John Piper, forward by Timothy Keller
- Letter from Birmingham Jail, Martin Luther King Jr.
- Let Justice Roll Down, John Perkins
- Letters to a Birmingham Jail: A Response to the Words and Dreams of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Bryan Loritts
- Right Color, Wrong Culture, Bryan Loritts
- One New Man: The Cross & Racial Reconciliation in Pauline Theology, Jarvis Williams
- Abortion and Race (http://www.abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_race/) See also: http://www.blackgenocide.org
From 1/25, Protecting the Vulnerable
- Replanted Ministry at Church of the Rez in Wheaton is great ministry that comes alongside of families adopting or fostering; offering support groups, training events and other things. On their webpage you can sign up to volunteer to help with the ministry.
- “ReMoved” is a powerful video portrayal of foster care from a child’s perspective.
- The Children’s Shelter of Cebu is an orphanage in Cebu, Philippines that we (Craig and family) have partnered with for years. They provide great care for the kids – many of whom will be adopted. You can visit their website and sign up to sponsor a child. We love that it is more personal than other larger orphan care organizations.